Wipus Frequentus

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 23:40

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: What Rig do you run?
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012, 17:51 

Ravbek wrote:
Thral, I do use a fair amount of CPU when I do video editing and max it out when combining astrophotography images.

Having the PC scan 100 images pick out stars and then combine and stack them is very demanding. The one I did was only 25 images (including flats and bias's) and it took a good 20 minutes.

Plus, regardless of any usage I just want the best lol. (for a resonable price, I'm not talking Xeons here)

That makes sense then :P

Wouldnt mind a 3770k but the extra 1-2% performance for my usage for 150€ back here just isnt worth it.

Post subject: Re: What Rig do you run?
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 03:00 

Uhm reading the CPU disscusion here makes me want to go for the I5 over the I7 in my current build plan, it basically saves me £80, but for the sake of £80 I can get the better CPU (granted that I7 prob wont get used to its full potential). But then if I try and save myself £80 here I could also drop the HDD to a 1TB from 2TB save another £20, I could keep doing this on each component untill I have saved £200, and get a beter GFX, but I don't think I can fit a bigger GFX card into the case I want for this project, so may as well just buy the best I can afford at this time and hope in the future GFX cards get smaller.

Fuck it I think I have decided what I want, I will go back to my thread to post up to get feed back.

I think I am still on USA time as I can't sleep.